11/29/2005

Horse Trials Ratings - How To

UPDATED! We also welcome any kind of feedback, stories, verbal course walks, experiences, etc. from these horse trials - don't feel that you just have to rate them. Also note that if you do want to use the rating system, I split out jumping into two parts. Have fun!!!

This is a place for your comments on the difficulty of these horse trials based on past experiences. For now, try using the following ratings system and put your comments below the ratings (special thanks to Retreadeventer for the great system!):

First, please note the level you're commenting on, i.e., BN, N, T, P, I, A, or just general about the event. Then:

TERRAIN rated from 1 to 4 , with 4 being the hardest
JUMPS for each level - rated on two things: technical difficulty and height, rated from 1 to 4, with 1 being easiest / min height and 4 being the hardest or max height -- in other words, something at Novice rated a 4 on difficulty for would include a half coffin, water, bank(s), and a ditch. A Novice 1 would have maybe no water, maybe no ditch -- or only one of the following three -- water, banks, ditch.
TIME/DISTANCE at each level rated from 1 to 4. For novice, this might be timed at only 350mpm and might be on the shorter side of the required length.

EXAMPLES: If we could get something going like that, then that would make Plantation something like this: 4 - terrain; 4 - course plan; 4- time and distance. Then you would know what you are entering. Using the same system, Fair Hill would be: 4- terrain; 3 -course plan; 3 -time and distance. Bucks County: 2 - terrain; 3 - course plan; 2 - time and distance.

10 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel free to suggest any categories to add, subract, etc. Maybe we should also take a look at the categories USEA uses on their evaluations?

 
At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Great idea. Could we also add Area one events?

Many thanks,
Susan

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger AKK said...

Susan, I posted the first two - the ones currently in the Omnibus. Any others in particular you'd like up there, let me know - it's easy to add them.

 
At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Erin,

How about ENYDCTA, KING OAK, Stoneleigh Burnham. Those are ones that I have competed in but I am sure others in this area would also love to see:
Millbrook, Genesse Valley, Groton House, Fitch's Corner, Stuart, GMHA, Hitching Post. I am sure I forgot some.

Thanks again,
Susan

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger AKK said...

THANKS Susan! I put up (I think) all of them, but let me know if you'd like to see others. Now people just need to comment! :)

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fantastic idea! I'll start adding some comments.

How about:

MCTA (area 2)
BCHP (area 2)
Plantation (area 2)
Weave-a-Dream (area 2)
Amwell valley (area 2)
Olney (area 2)
Seneca valley (area 2)

 
At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some events in my neck of the woods that I would like to have added:

Hunters Run
Richland Park
Encore

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger AKK said...

Guys, I would LOVE to group them - either by area or alphabetically. I don't think I can, though - but if anyone finds out how, let me know!!!

In the meantime, the best we can do is use the 'search' box at the top of the page...

 
At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is great event in Area IV that is not on the list. Otter Creek Horse Trials in Wheeler, WI. They have BN through Intermediate. The event is very well run with great courses!

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger AKK said...

Hey, good call on Otter Creek - we were actually thinking about making the trek this year. I'll add a section on that and copy the post over there. Thanks!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home